Monday, September 24, 2012

Ruby- One Month


How is it possible that this sweet darling baby of mine is one month old? 
I don't know. 
She is changing every single day and it blows my mind. 

Ruby is growing like a weed. 
We weighed her last night and she's just over 9 pounds. That's 3 lbs over her hospital discharge weight! We're so proud of our chunky little sweetheart. 
She's still mostly in newborn sized clothing, but I put a 0-3 month onesie on her this morning and she wasn't swimming in it, so I think she'll be able to wear more of those very soon. 


Sleep? We're workin' on it. She loves to take little cat naps, and she loves to be held while sleeping.
I've started laying her on her belly during naptimes (I know, I know, "back is better") and that seems to help her have better naps. 
She has nights where she sleeps 4 hours for the first stretch (LOVE IT) and then nights where she is up every 1.5 hours. 
I'm sure she will get into a groove, and while I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep I'm trying to soak in all the extra cuddles I get in the middle of the night because I know it wont last forever. 



She eats like a champ (hence her 3lb weight gain). She definitely prefers eating from Mama though. When Daddy gives her the bottle she spews it out of the side of her mouth and spills EVERYWHERE. I'm sure she will catch on once she is in daycare and drinking more bottles during the day. 


She has always been a smiley baby, smiling and laughing in her sleep since day 1, but the last couple of days she has been smiling a lot while she's awake. I'm not sure if she is actually smiling at us, but it sure makes our hearts swell when she busts out one of her adorable gummy grins. 



Ruby is generally a content, happy, sweet baby. When she has something that she is unhappy about, she lets us know with passion and calms down quickly once we tend to her needs/wants. 
I'm continually grateful that God blessed us with a baby who doesn't scream all the time. Especially when she is screaming and I realize how terrible it would be if that was a constant thing. 



The past week she has started taking shorter naps during the day and having longer awake times. I love watching her look around and soak in her surroundings. She's very curious and loves to study faces, lights, and pictures on the wall. 
When she's awake and alert I love to chat with her and sing to her. She stares at me like "hmmmm, what exactly are you saying Ma?" and occasionally gives me a grin or two. It's definitely the highlight of my day. 


I am so thankful for the blessing that our sweet Ruby is to our lives. Even though my mommy heart is a little sad that this month flew by so fast and my little newborn is no longer so new, I'm so excited to watch her grow, learn, and become a beautiful person. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this opportunity of being apart of Ruby's life and journey is by far the greatest gift I have ever been given. 

Ruby, we love you so much and are grateful that you came into our lives a month ago. Thank you for being wonderfully you, and an absolutely perfect fit for our family. You are loved more than you will ever know, darling girl. Keep shining. 

Love, 
Mama 

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like a precious angel baby! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...