Monday, April 23, 2012

Weeks 21 & 22

The trend of blogging my pregnancy two weeks at a time is becoming prevalent. To say that I have become a bit of slacker at documenting this journey would be an understatement. I'm hoping to improve. We will see.

We're almost halfway through week 22. I am feeling awesome. I have my energy almost completely back. I think it's safe to say that this is the most it will return for probably another 18 years, or more. I'm perfectly okay with that, and definitely enjoying it while I can.

My sweet girl is making her presence known quite frequently, and it brings me so much joy. I've read that most babies are sleeping in the womb up to 19-20 hours per day...not my girl! I guess she could be sleeping that much, but my goodness, she is a rowdy sleeper if so! She is moving all day! I don't notice it as much when I'm running around at work, but when I sit down at the computer or my desk she lets me know she's there. It's so amazing. She definitely has gotten herself on a schedule though, which is also really, really neat and intriguing. She wakes up every night (morning) around 2:30-3:00. I know this because that is when she likes to move the most. I swear it feels like she is doing flips in there! It wakes me up, but I really do not even mind. I usually get up to go to the bathroom and then lay back down, put my hands on my belly and feel her do her thing. Last night I could feel her kicking me way down in my lower right abdomen and punching me in my upper right abdomen. It made me laugh a little, and also made me realize how big she is getting!

She is about a foot long now and weighs a pound. I can definitely tell just by looking in the mirror that she is growing. On Sunday morning as we were on our way out the door to church I said to Andrew "I feel really pregnant today" he pat my belly and agreed that I am indeed pregnant, and looking like it!

We're still indecisive about a middle name. While I'm excited to nail down her full name, I am loving getting to call her by her name. I love talking to her, and so does Andrew. I can't believe how much we love this little person that we haven't even actually met yet. I can't even describe how amazing it is.

Just a little less than 4 months until we'll be holding our sweet girl.

Here are pictures from the past two weeks. Once again taken with my iphone in my bathroom mirror, not out of the usual. I've been on a straight hair kick for the past couple of weeks. After straightening it last week I realized how badly it needed to be cut (and thinned).
21 weeks: 
 22 weeks: (one growth spurt and hair cut later)
Thanks for following us on this journey to meet our girl. 


1 comment:

  1. You are looking so great! And your hair is so long when you straighten it! Love the pictures and update!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...