Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dear Baby

Hey Babe,

Your dad and I got to hear you today for the first time, and my gosh, it was amazing.
The doctor warned me right before she put the belly goo and doppler on me "don't freak out if I can't find the heartbeat right away" she continued while holding her thumb and pointer finger about a half an inch apart "baby's heart is about this big, and it might take a minute to find it..."
Well, you know what little love? Right when she put that little heart rate monitor on my belly we heard *THUD*, then "lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub *THUD*". The doctor said that you were a busy baby and those thuds were you swimming around.
It was like you were ready to prove her wrong the second she put the monitor on my belly. Your dad told me later that he was a little worried when instead of hearing the heart right away, we heard loud thuds. We laughed thinking about you punching or kicking the monitor away because we were disturbing you.
Hopefully by next month we'll know if you're a boy or a girl. Either way though, we're absolutely head over heels for you, little one.
I'm so giddy thinking about you and dreaming about what life with you will be like.
I feel so lucky to get to be your mama.

I love you so much,

Your Mom

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...